Saturday, September 13, 2008

Romeo and Juliet

My youngest son, age 6, has something of a female fan club. He doesn't really know how to take girls calling him and all. He thinks of them as friends and just giggles. He's just so darn cute.

Anyway, back in preschool, there was something of a war over him. First one girl liked him, then another. I was getting a tad worried, let me tell you! I mean, PRESCHOOL.

The strongest will prevailed. Natasha. For TWO years, she has persisted. She's a really pretty little girl. My son considers her a good friend.

Her mom told me her daughter's long term plan. Evidently, Natasha wanted my son to marry her and put her through school. At age 5. Ahem.

Her mom calmly talked her into waiting until she was 13. Well, there's a relief! :)

Today we pulled up to go to a soccer game and it was pouring down rain. We were waiting in the van and I noticed Natasha's mom in the next vehicle. I rolled down the window a bit and waved, "Hi." Matt and Natasha were somewhat frustrated to be able to barely see each other with the tinted windows...plus the rain. So, her mom made a Romeo and Juliet comment.

Hmmmmmm.

No comments: