Thursday, October 16, 2008

Snapdraggin'



(Part of me has snapped and the rest of me is draggin'!)

You know, after 2 weeks at the gym (and I've been faithful! I even went on my birthday!), I am feeling rather like the above tortoise. Why? MY LEGS DON'T WANT TO BIKE ANYMORE! They are TIRED, OLD, 44-year-old LEGS and they say, "TAKE A BREAK ALREADY!"

And I can, after all, feel my waist again.

But, then, I catch a glimpse of myself in a MIRROR and EEEKS! This look is NOT what I had in mind at ALL! So, back to the gym I go again today.

So, instead of a draggin' tortoise, I'm going to be a BICYCLIN' FOOL! In this LOOOONG weight loss race, why couldn't I have been the HARE instead of the TORTOISE? I know the tortoise wins in the end, but it is SUCH SLOW GOING.



And the worst part is that I feel like PERHAPS my measly 6 pounds of weight loss over the last 2 weeks has been entirely out of my HANDS and FEET! See what I mean? Skinny feet. Who cares about skinny FEET??? They are back to sloshing around in my shoes. THIS IS NOT FAIR! Isn't there someone to complain to about this? I want to put in my 2 cents! Or better yet, a few POUNDS in the UK!!! :)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

The first pounds are typically water weight loss. So the hands and the feet loose it first, then the face and the rest.

Stay hydrated, girly.

You're doing awesome. That's a lot of weight in a short time. I think we forget how long it took us to put it on.

BTW lovely hands and feet.

Chris said...

WOOO HOOOOO! You say the face is NEXT???? Well! It will all be worth it for sure! :)

Oh, and thanks for the compliment. :) I bet you could tell I needed that today! :)