Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Flowers



I can't believe it's already been 10 days since my birthday! It was a really nice day. I even got flowers! Yes, FLOWERS! I never get flowers, but a dear friend made sure I had some this year. (Thanks!!!) :) And they were absolutely completely gorgeous.

So, I've been nursing them along but today I decided that some of them had to go. Why don't roses last longer? But, to my delight, I discovered a lot of the mums still have life in them! So, I clipped stems and did some rearranging, and ya know, I think I'll get a few more days of enjoyment out of these! What a delightful surprise! :)

I'm even thinking I might find some cattails somewhere to add to it since it's pretty much down to Fall flowers in the vase. And I just peered out the back window at my neighbor's yard. He has some yellow black-eyed susans just begging to be picked and added to my flower arrangement. Hmmm... I'm feeling a clandestine operation coming on! :)

Who knew I'd get so much enjoyment out of a bunch of flowers? :)

1 comment:

Chris said...

Thanks, Summer! :)