Sunday, October 5, 2008

Name Rant

Remember my rant on how I don't like people calling me Christine instead of Christen? How I often go by my nickname just so people can get it right? How my minister uncle-in-law MARRIED Rob and I ...using the name CHRISTINE? Oh, I could go on and on.

Well, it's been better of late. We've lived here nearly 6 years and most people that I care about get it right.

However, then came today.

I turned in a bunch of receipts at church to be reimbursed for VBS expenditures. Today I got a check back.

The man who writes the check is a former PROFESSOR. He writes my husband's check. He is my Sunday School teacher!

So, I look at the check.

And what do you know. All this time, he's thought my name is Christine because there it is on the check, as big as day.

He likes to kid me a lot. So, I'm thinking maybe I'll turn it back in and say it cannot be cashed until he writes me a check with my CORRECT name. What do you think? Will I get any brownie points for being picky? :) I know, I know. I'll just cash it like it is, but I don't have to like it.

The worst part is that I actually feel quite terrible having to correct people who have known me for a long time. And I recognize that the name Christine is a perfectly good name, it's just not mine.

No comments: