14 snowy days in a row... 3 snowbound kids... uh-oh!
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But an Amazon box, filled with books for the tots.
Thank you, Mr. Mailman and Amazon, for saving the day! It was AWESOME! I could already hear the peace! And quiet! (A sound that quite possibly, after 14 days, felt better than having a entire bag of Dove chocolates all to myself. Possibly. Let's not get crazy.) ;)
So, in the excitement of delving into the Amazon box and parceling out treasure, I forgot about lunch. Cooking. On the stove.
Sniff. Sniff, SNIFF!
Would that be BURNING grilled cheese sandwiches? Tomato soup boiling over?
No problem. I can scrape off char.
In the process of scraping, bubbling cheese oozed out and severely burned my hand.
In my anxiety (and blinding pain) to get the sandwich on a plate and off my hand, I pushed a different sandwich onto the floor.
I was left holding the burning hot UNscraped sandwich while the scraped and ready-to-serve sandwich plopped on the floor.
Now you know why my golden retriever loves me. And why my family asks if dinner is done when the smoke alarm goes off. ;)
And why we better have school tomorrow. ;)